The overall goal of this work is to create a tool for generating html visualizations of code metrics. As a proof-of-concept, the first visualization would be to create treemap graphs of csv data like in this example:
Here are the main requirements:
Input file: a csv file containing filepath, LOC, metric.
Example complexity metrics file:
File,LOC,Complexity a/b/c/file.c,80,12 a/b/exception.c,454,25
The output graph will have the following characteristics:
- The smallest boxes in the treemap represents single files
- The size of a file box represents its size in term of lines of code (i.e. big files are displayed larger than small files)
- The files are organized into folder boxes
- You can ‘drill-down’ into a particular directory
- You can specify color ranges for the metric display
The solution and implementation will include:
- The output will be suitable for static websites and for publishing in jenkins
- Usage documentation
- Unit tests
- A continuous delivery pipeline for the software
The estimated workload for this task is 40 hours.
A working program, complete with usage documentation and tests.